Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing with nipples

Default Re: Playing with nipples

My daughter is the same way. And I'm sure that it's the milk flow thing. I don't think it's quite as fast as it used to be, and by that I mean a garden hose, so it's probably average but she started to prefer the garden hose!

Anyway. I try to let her just stick her hand on the other side. I push her hand away gently if it starts to bug me (at night, I push her hand away all night). I'm hoping eventually she'll stop on her own. Having something else for her to hold with an interesting texture helps, like we have a stuffed sheep with 100 bumps on it, she touches those instead. She is 16 months.
    and Mama to two little girls

I think I am one of the only women alive who isn't bothered by twiddling; and thank goodness, because my 17 month old looooooooooooves doing it. I am sure it is a milk flow thing for her, too. But we joke now that nursing means she needs two boobies: one for the mouth, one for the hand.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

The eye-ball poking is, luckily, reserved for my husband. It does not look fun to endure. She is fascinated with his face. She like to stick her hand in my mouth when she is nursing to sleep but that doesnt bother me as much as the stinky sharp toe nails cutting my cheek and neck.
    mommy to Ellie - 2/28/13 8lb 3oz 19.5in

Oh I know this feeling. Mine gets crazy when I wont let her dig her claws in my skin and kneed the breast she is drinking from. If she is not scratching my breasts she does it to my stomach or just any bare skin she can get hold on! Not sure what to do about it. I just try to cover as much up as I can and trim her nails every other day.
    Sweet, strong willed girl born in dec. 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elliemommy View Post
    Could be worse-my daughter is an acrobatic nurser and regularly shoves her toes in my mouth and nose while attempting to nurse standing on her head. And those are stinky and sharp! Ah, the things we are willing to endure for our little nurslings....
    Oh, no, he does that too.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elisabet View Post
    Oh I know this feeling. Mine gets crazy when I wont let her dig her claws in my skin and kneed the breast she is drinking from. If she is not scratching my breasts she does it to my stomach or just any bare skin she can get hold on! Not sure what to do about it. I just try to cover as much up as I can and trim her nails every other day.
    Yes! I can relate. Recently, when I remind him to please stop touching, he says, "Mommy, I'm still digging!" I KNOW!!!!

Hey I found out a cute way to stop the twiddling (temporarily).
    my daughter got a stuffed lamb from the Easter Bunny, and it is about the size and shape of a newborn. So the other day while she was nursing and reaching for the other side, I took the lamb and started 'nursing' the lamb! She thought this was funny and then started stroking the lambs head. When she grew tired of that and went for the nipple, I had the lamb gently nudge her hand away so the lamb could 'nurse' more, which made her laugh.

it reminded me of when I tandem nursed her brothers.

I think I am one of the only women alive who isn't bothered by twiddling
    ; I would say it bothers me about a third to a half of the time. It depends on my mood and also what exactly she is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmeg View Post
    Hey I found out a cute way to stop the twiddling (temporarily).
    my daughter got a stuffed lamb from the Easter Bunny, and it is about the size and shape of a newborn. So the other day while she was nursing and reaching for the other side, I took the lamb and started 'nursing' the lamb! She thought this was funny and then started stroking the lambs head. When she grew tired of that and went for the nipple, I had the lamb gently nudge her hand away so the lamb could 'nurse' more, which made her laugh.

it reminded me of when I tandem nursed her brothers.
    What a great idea! I might have to try that to keep Ellie from climbing up me while she nurses. I can deal with the scratching and poking since it is minimal but the toes I just cant take.
    mommy to Ellie - 2/28/13 8lb 3oz 19.5in

today when I nursed my daughter down for her nap SHE wanted the lamb and held the lamb to my other breast! Cute.

(Disclaimer_ My daughter is totally different than my sons. I don't think either one of them would have gone for this!)