Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time of day?

Default Re: Time of day?

Touché! Still, very small sample sizes and no prospective study... I'll raise my bet to "testable hypothesis".
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Touché! Still, very small sample sizes and no prospective study... I'll raise my bet to "testable hypothesis".
    There are actually lots of studies out there testing melatonin levels in breastmilk, but I just picked two that have larger excerpts available for free. I find it fascinating, personally. I have never given daytime EBM at night nor nighttime EBM by day so I don't know how it would affect my baby, but it still sounds so interesting. I know that I as an adult sleep much better than a baby sleeps and melatonin does play a strong role in sleep and the circadian rhythm so if I can give my baby some of that, all the better.

That is really interesting - yet another benefit of breastfeeding! I still don't think I would be overly anxious about timing the EBM, though.

Yeah, thanks for posting those - I figured there was some reason why the freezer bags have "time" on them, right? But just wanted to know how big a deal it was, because I'm barely keeping up!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*xiaoshira View Post
    Yeah, thanks for posting those - I figured there was some reason why the freezer bags have "time" on them, right? But just wanted to know how big a deal it was, because I'm barely keeping up!
    Perhaps that is for the women who are exclusively pumping or the ones with the tremendous over supply who mange to fill a bag on each breast at each pumping session or something.

At this point I'm probably going to be lucky to fill one bag with the combined efforts of both breasts in 24 hours. Of course I'm pumping after each breast feeding session to try to increase my supply since I don't actually have enough for my LO one to get by without supplementing let alone to store any yet.
    Last edited by @llli*tclynx; April 25th, 2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tclynx View Post
    Perhaps that is for the women who are exclusively pumping or the ones with the tremendous over supply who mange to fill a bag on each breast at each pumping session or something.

At this point I'm probably going to be lucky to fill one bag with the combined efforts of both breasts in 24 hours. Of course I'm pumping after each breast feeding session to try to increase my supply since I don't actually have enough for my LO one to get by without supplementing let alone to store any yet.
    I feel ya! I consider myself very lucky to be barely keeping up, and it's a constant struggle ... I am working full time, and just figured out that the fenugreek supplements make her gassy and sleepless. Oy. I know oversupply is a legitimate problem for people, and I certainly don't want mastitis, but it's hard not to be jealous imagining those who can just sit down and pump a whole bottle full!

I totally get that since I vary between feeling overfull (not oversupply though and no fast let down issues) and plugged ducts to low supply where I have to stick in extra pumping sessions