Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Made it to one year! Wooohooo!

Default Made it to one year! Wooohooo!

I have made it to a year breastfeeding my daughter and other than starting solids at 6 months breast milk is all she has had. I have also made it through pumping while working full time. I believe I have made it this far because of my determination, a daughter who loves her "nummies", a wonderful husband, a great support system at home and this forum!! I have been lurking for a long time (almost a year) but have only posted twice in response to questions about types of pumps. I have come here many times in the past year thinking I was going to post looking for help but never needed to because someone else was always on here with the same question or problem. I started breastfeeding with the mind set that I would like to make a year but I would do the best I could...no pressure on myself. Well, I soon fell in love with breastfeeding and the bond and closeness it has created with my daughter. I know my breastfeeding experience was easier than some but any time I hit a bump in the road with nursing, pumping or sleeping (or not sleeping ) I came here and found answers and sometimes I found a much needed laugh! So, I come here today to say thank you all for sharing your stories, for giving advise to others that I than borrowed and thank you for creating this community of woman who love to breastfeed and support each other in this journey. Thank you!

I hope I will be breastfeeding for another year...and I hope to be done with pumping soon (and again thanks to the advice I have read here).

Default Re: Made it to one year! Wooohooo!

Congrats momma!
    First time momma to one amazing baby girl 2/28/2013
    Natural non medicated hospital birth

We also practice EC

Congratulations on making it to the first year- and beyond!

It's always nice to hear from someone who has been quietly present (isn't that a nicer way to say "lurking"?) but still getting a lot out of the forum!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congratulations, that's wonderful! In my experience breastfeeding gets all the more enjoyable once you're done with the hassle of pumping. Enjoy your toddler nursing!

Mommal, I like quietly present...It sounds less creepy! And I definietly got a LOT from the forum over the past year. I would spend my pumping breaks at work reading. It really has been a tremendous help.

And bfwmomof3, I agree, I think nursing without having to pump will be even more enjoyable. I never minded pumping so my daughter could have the best nutrition but I am more than ready to pack away the pump.

I have to say nursing a toddler is a different experience. It is funny that she gets so excited and fill start bouncing up and down and pulling up my shirt. Or when she wants to nurse standing up and go back and forth between playing and nursing. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*adria.parkinson View Post

I have to say nursing a toddler is a different experience. It is funny that she gets so excited and fill start bouncing up and down and pulling up my shirt. Or when she wants to nurse standing up and go back and forth between playing and nursing. I love it!
    So cute!