Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nipples in flange

Default nipples in flange

I have been pumping for 10 mos already. I have always just held the bottles because the only way I can get milk out (with the hospital grade pump) is by compressing and moving my nipples around in the flange. Apparently I have ridiculously small nipples. I'm already using the Medela 21mm flange but I still have to move my nipple around to drain my breasts completely. Any tips? I would really like to cut out some work pumps which means I want to start pumping in the car and would like it to actually be efficiently removing the milk. Please advise!

PS Pumping has always been a challenge for me.

Default Re: nipples in flange

bumping
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: nipples in flange

I have the same problem. There is a 19mm you can get that works with the Medela PISA.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HD0WCUQ/...ter_B00CHH2U0C
    Mine just came in the mail yesterday so I have yet to try them.

I spoke to a nurse at Medela who said I could try putting a 20 or 16mm silicone nipple shield under the 21mm flange. That will be my next step if the 19s don't work.