Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Which pump would you/do you prefer?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hygeia Q

0 0%
  • Hygeia EnJoye "lite"

1 50.00%
  • Medela "Personal Advanced"

0 0%
  • Ameda Purely Yours

1 50.00%
  • Limerick PJ's Bliss

0 0%

Thread: Breast Pump Recommendations?

Default Breast Pump Recommendations?

Hi all, it doesn't look like there are any recent threads on this... My insurance will cover the following - any experiences good or bad to share and help me decide?

1. Hygeia Q
    2. Hygeia EnJoye Lite (not LBI, etc. it comes with bag, pump and starter set, packaged for insurance companies)
    3. Medela advanced personal (not freestyle or pump in style, packaged for insurance companies)
    4. Ameda Purely Yours
    5. Limerick Bliss

If I could, I would probably get a Medela "pump in style", but it's not an option.

Notes: this is my first baby and I'm returning to work full-time at 3 months, so will use this A LOT in a tiny private room in my office building as well as at home to save up extras.

Thank you!
    Elise

Default Re: Breast Pump Recommendations?

The Medela Advanced Personal is the same pump as the Pump In Style, the main difference is the bag. I've used the Medela Pump in Style Advanced extensively at work (it was my workhorse pump for two of my three kids, and my occasional use pump for the third) and it worked really well for me, I am still occasionally using the same pump I bought in 2007 when I travel! I've also heard really good things about the Hygeia Enjoye (not sure what the "Lite" is, again is it a question of the bells and whistles, or is the actual pump different?). The Hygeia is WHO code compliant (more info about that here, if you are interested: http://www.who.int/nutrition/publica...9241541601/en/) and can be used by another mom once you are done with it, the Medela is single use. The Ameda Purely Yours is a less robust pump than the Pump in Style or Enjoye, so if insurance is covering the whole amount, it's probably not the one I would choose. I'm not familiar with the Limerick Bliss or the Hygeia Q.

Default Re: Breast Pump Recommendations?

I have been using the Hygeia Enjoye for almost a year without any problems. My LO will be one in two weeks and I have been back to work full time since she was twelve weeks pumping 4 times a day during the week and one or two times a day on the weekend. It has served me well!!! I highly recommend it.