Re: sore nipples 4 weeks
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new baby! I have a lot of questions for you, so please bear with me.
1. When did the cracks start?
2. What do the cracks look like? Are you seeing one large single sore per nipple, which looks wider after nursing, or are you seeing multiple small slit-like cracks?
3. When your baby comes off the breast, what do your nipples look like- are they shaped like pencil erasers (symmetrical) or new lipsticks (asymmetrical/ridged/creased)?
4. Do you ever see the nipple blanch (turn white) after nursing, or perhaps turn bluish-purple before returning to a normal color?
5. How would you describe the pain you're experiencing- is it more of a pinching or stabbing pain, or more of an itching or burning?
6. Have you or baby had a recent course of antibiotics?
7. Have you had a recent vaginal yeast infection, or has the baby had oral thrush or diaper yeast rash?
8. What does the skin of your nipples/areolas look like- is it more red/pink or shiny than usual? Do you see any dry-looking or flaking skin?
9. What sort of pump are you using and did the LC check to see if you have correctly sized shields?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"