Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help please

Default help please

I breastfeed my baby for the first month than I got sick so started formula feeding and pumping and still breastfeeding off and on more off than on than I ended up in hospital and was away from baby and lost almost all my supply and now I just pump but am hardly making anything I keep trying to nurse but every time I put baby near the breast he just screams and screams. he is almost 4 months old and I just want my baby back to nursing.

Default Re: help please

Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry you got sick, and that breastfeeding has been such a struggle.

This is a really useful link on getting a previously weaned baby back to the breast: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/. The skin-to-skin and instant reward techniques are said to be particularly helpful.

Can you tell us a bit more about pumping? How often do you pump, what sort of pump are you using, how much milk are you getting?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I pump every 3 hours with Spectra Baby USA S2 Hospital Grade Double/single Breast Pump I do breast compression while pumping I pump 20-30mins each time I get about half oz. I hand express when done pumping.

You have a good pump and you're pumping for a long time. So the one things that you might be able to improve would be frequency. Instead of pumping every 3 hours, how about pumping every 2- during the day at least. That might give you a bump up!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"