Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Six weeks pregnant/nursing 26mo.

Default Six weeks pregnant/nursing 26mo.

I'm about 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and still nursing my 26 month old. For the past week my 26 mo has been waking in the early morning hours and throwing up. I can tell when she wakes she is reluctant to nurse even though I know she wants to. She'll throw up and go back to nurse to sleep after I clean her up. When she wakes in the morning she seems perfectly fine, doesn't throw up at all during the day after nursing, only that one time in the early morning.

I've heard that the taste of breastmilk changes but can it (or new/different hormones) bother their belly? I've been thinking of night weaning if this continues to see if this helps. Has anyone experienced this? Or is this some sort of weird stomach bug? Thoughts?

Default Re: Six weeks pregnant/nursing 26mo.

Does she nurse, then throw up? Or just wake up and throw up?

I know the taste of your milk can change, but I have no idea if the same hormones that make mom feel nauseous might affect a nursing toddler as well. I know some hormones are on a daily cycle and peak at different times of the day, so maybe that is affecting things. I've never heard of it happening, but might be something to ask your doc or pediatrician about?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I vote for weird, minor stomach bug.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

No, she never throws up immediately after nursing. She just wakes up, whines, refuses to nurse then throws up.

I plan on taking her to the pedi next month. Can't go until then. New job/new insurance doesn't start until then.

It's just so odd that she's so normal all other times accept early morning when the only thing she's had is breastmilk. However, when she does throw up she throws up food not just milk. So who knows.

Thanks for your responses. I am going to try to nurse less tonight (which is something I want to happen anyway) and see what happens. Praying she gets over this. It is quite tiring at 6 wks pregnant to jump out of bed to catch throw up. God only knows how I am managing not to throw up myself! lol

Well we didn't have any throw up last night and she nursed just as much. However, her stool has gotten worse and worse. Nothing like normal. Almost like tan water. Hoping that this is just the bug passing through but I'm still not ruling out my milk.

How has she been today, mama?

The stool you are describing sounds like diarrhea. Viruses can be sneaky in that their symptoms tend to worsen overnight. I'd wager she is fighting off a stomach virus which has led to the vomiting and yucky stools.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Thanks for asking

It looks like you all were right and it was some really weird stomach bug! She hasn't thrown up the past two nights and she's nursing as much as usual. I'll feel more confident though with a few more good evenings under our belt and a nice solid poop

I've never seen a stomach bug act like this before but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Just glad it seems to be behind us!

Glad to hear she seems to be on the mend!
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb