Hello. I'm new here this is my first time posting. I'm having many issues that lead me to believe I have an oversupply/OALD with my 3 month old. About 30 seconds into feeding, my baby unlatches and breastmilk sprays usually for about 10 seconds. We have very fitful feeds with unlatching/relatching, crying on and off, and my baby just seems frantic. He spent his first 3 weeks in the nicu where, in addition to nursing throughout the day, I did a ton of pumping for overnight feeds so I'm wondering if that started me off on the wrong foot with supply issues. He is currently on nexium for reflux and gerber soothe probiotic. Here is a list of other reasons why oversupply might be an issue:
1. He spits/throws up sooo much during/after every feed. We've tried all the recommendations I have heard off for this - feeding on an incline, burping frequently, holding up for 30 minutes after, etc. I even had him tested for pyloric stenosis with an ultrasound because it is sometimes projectile and came back negative. Doctors think it's normal.
2. He has gained weight super fast (from 6 lbs at birth to 15 pounds at 3 months - actually 2 months adjusted for being a preemie)
3. He is very gassy and has explosive poops 3-5 times per day
4. His diaper is constantly wet or poopy.
5. The discussed issues with frantic feeds listed above
Here are my questions:
1. My breasts don't Always feel super engorged/full so can I still have an oversupply?
2. His poops aren't green - they are usually orange or yellow/brown (they used to be green more often) So can oversupply still be the problem without green poops?
I already usually only feed from one side per feeding and he goes about 2.5
hours between feeds during the day (longer at night). I am thinking about extending the block feedings to switching after every 2 feeds but I'm scared I will decrease my supply if oversupply doesn't sound like it's the problem without the green poops. ANY advice would be very much appreciated and thank you for reading my long post!