Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could exercise affect supply?

Default Re: Could exercise affect supply?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Frankly, I find that suggestion really weird. Cradle cap is ridiculously common- something like 1/2 of all babies have it. And it's not like that 1/2 of all babies have issues with gaining weight. Both my kids had crazy cradle cap and they were really fat. And my firstborn also had the swollen lymph nodes- and again, no trouble gaining weight.

Are you doing bottles at all? I'm thinking that one approach you could take would be to pump a couple of bottles per day, allow one to settle in the fridge, and pour the cream from the settled bottle into the second bottle. That "double cream" bottle gets fed to the baby, and the skimmed milk that's left over gets tossed in the freezer for use in baby's first solids (e.g. thinning out cereals or purees). The only reason I mention this labor-intensive possibility is that you seem so concerned about his weight, and more calories might help boost it. Or they might not- maybe he's just a slim kid? Some of them are, right?
    I am not doing bottles and have a very difficult time pumping. I tried around 8 weeks to have a stash in the fridge but the effort wasn't worth the reward. Your idea is very interesting tho and one I may try. Thanks again for your input.

http://www.drghaheri.com/resources/
    One thing to remember is most doctors do not receive any training what so ever on breastfeeding. Even ENT's don't learn anything about the effects of tongue tie on nursing unless they do the research themselves.

Thanks. To me it doesn't look like he has a tongue tied latch but I am now talking to an LC. I just want my baby to thrive and I feel so bad he's struggling. I feel like such a failure. Like all the education and trying I've done is not working. Hopefully the LC will have some helpful advice.