Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Slings

Default Baby Slings

Hi All,

My baby is four months old and I am just now reading about baby slings. I have an infantino hands-free carrier which I feel doesn't fit well/hurts my back, and, more importantly, I can't breastfeed my baby in the carrier. I'd love to be able to multi-task for the first time in months! Which sling would be a good investment for me to buy for my baby? Also, how do you use it?

Thank you!

Default Re: Baby Slings

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ava.smommy View Post
    Hi All,

My baby is four months old and I am just now reading about baby slings. I have an infantino hands-free carrier which I feel doesn't fit well/hurts my back, and, more importantly, I can't breastfeed my baby in the carrier. I'd love to be able to multi-task for the first time in months! Which sling would be a good investment for me to buy for my baby? Also, how do you use it?

Thank you!
    Have you looked into the Moby? I found that affordable and easy to nurse in, but then graduated to the ErgoBaby, which is pricier but my absolute favorite, and is definitely nursing friendly! You can see about getting a used Ergo too, if money is an issue. The Ergo is pretty long lasting too because once they get past 20 lbs it's more comfortable to wear on your back instead of front. At least that has been the case for me.
    We , , , and with my little monkey, born 9/30/2012.

What do you want to do with baby in the sling? I liked Ergo for carrying baby around and doing laundry, cooking, walking, shopping, nursing from about 4mo on. I have nursed in Ergo while walking through forest at 1 yo and even 2 yo. Ergo is very comfortable, adjustable and versatile, easy to take baby out and put in.

However I didn't find any sling or carrier that got me 2 hands free while nursing. I still had to hold the baby in the crook of my arm to keep her close in to my breast. My daughter is now 13 kg and 2.5 yo; I still occasionally carry her in the Ergo. I also had a ring sling and a frame backpack, and tried a baby bjorn but did not like any of them as much.

I want to carry her around to nurse her or just hold her while I do things around the house. I want to breastfeed her for at least a year so I'd need something that has a higher weight limit. She's 4 months and 13.5 pounds now. So is it just called an ergo carrier or an ergo sling? Is there a certain model that's better? I haven't nursed in public but I'd love to have a carrier that would provide some privacy/discreetness so that I could nurse her while out and about. How would you dress and wear the ergo/baby so that she could easily nurse? I'm already a little awkward at home as I reach up under my shirt, unsnap and let down a side of my maternity bra, take out the nursing pad, and then get baby situated. I can't imagine easily breastfeeding in public =) My main concern is being able to have her nurse while I'm walking around in the house. Being able to do so with a carrier in public is just a bonus.
    Last edited by @llli*ava.smommy; March 15th, 2014 at 08:55 AM.

Check out www.ergo baby.com

Oops, stupid auto correct... Try www.ergobaby.com
    Mama to 1 amazing DS born 12/23/12! proudly for 1 year and counting! Still although he sure is getting heavy...