Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Blue Cross of Illinois Pump Coverage

Default Blue Cross of Illinois Pump Coverage

Hey Mamas. 3 years ago I was on this forum constantly because I was breastfeed my first child and.pumping when I returned to work. I am currently pregnant with my 2nd child (a miracle baby that my husband was told he would never be able to make) and am thrilled that my health insurance will actually pay for the rental of a hospital grade breast pump. The problem I am having is finding a local supplier who offers the rental options. Does anyone have any experience with with my insurance company?
    Love being a mom to DS
    Love and helps keep my sanity.
    at work is annoying but worth it for DS.
    helps me feel closer to DS since I'm away during the day.

with my Hubby who is currently in remission from Leukemia. Everyday is a blessing!

Default Re: Blue Cross of Illinois Pump Coverage

Why don't you call your hospitals and see if they know? They may offer them or know what places do. I also advise you to get a reference number for any conversation with insurance re: pump coverage. I was told so many different things and if I didn't have a reference number I would have had to pay for my breast pump. I think every time I called I heard a different story. Not with the same insurance, though.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Default Re: Blue Cross of Illinois Pump Coverage

Did your insurance company offer any suggestions? When I order pumps for the moms I work with, I do have a particular medical supply company I usually use. However, I frequently have women say to me, "Oh, I called my insurance company and they gave me the name of a place" and receive the pump on their own without my help!

I second the suggestion to check with your local hospital(s).

Any home medical equipment/supply companies near you?

Some pharmacies offer pump rentals too. Walgreens would be the best to check with first.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb