I thought I would post an update or two here in case anyone comes looking for experiences...
I am loosely following Dr. Jay Gordon's method. However, I skipped to the second "3 days" from the get-go.
Started Sunday night. Nursed until almost asleep. Told him that ba-bas were going night night until the sun came up. He woke up at 11:30, 2:20, 3:45, 4:15, 5, 6, 7. Ouch. I nursed him at 5, 6 and 7.
Monday day: took an amazing nap! Nursed whenever he asked. I would ask, "is the sun shining?" He'd happily say yay ba ba!!!!
Monday night: nursed to sleepy, laid down and said no more ba-ba until the sunshine comes up. Woke up at 1:15, 2:38...and stayed awake until 3:50. up again at 5. I slept in his bed, not nursing, until 6. Nursed. Woke up at 8. Very tired day!
Tuesday night: nursed to sleepy, laid down. He fussed a bit. I had to rock him. He woke up at 1:15 and was angry. Arching back, yelling, kicking. I just rocked and rocked him until he was asleep again. Took about 25 minutes. Woke up at 4:15. Rocked for 5 minutes. Never even asked for ba ba! Slept until 6!!! Great night!! Will keep you posted!