Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help needed

Default Help needed

So you wonderful ladies have always come to my rescue when I have doubts and questions well I have another one. I have limited my daughters diet (while I do expose her to new foods, tastes and textures), I have not given her straight meals. I have relied on my breast milk as her primary source of nutrition for her first year.

With my little one turning 1 year old, do any of you have any suggestions to a diet while still nursing? I'm not sure how long I can make it past a year but I do want to keep trying. (Despite the rude comments and lack of support.)

Daycare is insisting on meals now that she is 12 months and their meal plan includes pizza and spaghetti! My daughter hasn't even been exposed to tomatoes yet so I would like to be able to pack her meals so I know she gets introduced to new foods at a good pace. I have already discovered she has a mild egg sensitivity. She does very sensitive skin and has already had one allergic reaction to arrowroot cookies so I have a very valid reason for wanting to take things slow.

Any suggestions, comments and links would be so helpful.

Thank you!!!

Default Re: Help needed

Are you in the U.S.? Some daycares need to provide kids with certain amounts/types of foods. This thread has a discussion about it:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...ram-Compliance
    So I guess the first question is whether your daycare is part of that type of program. If so you might need to find some workarounds - see especially the post from still.here in that thread.

That was a great thread. I learned a lot!

At 12 months, I was pretty comfortable feeding my kids mixed foods. So if you're wondering if maybe it's time to try your LO on foods with multiple ingredients, I say go ahead and try it out. But if you don't like the foods provided at daycare, speak up! You're the mom, and if you want her to have food that comes from home rather than spaghetti and pizza, your wishes should be accommodated.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you both so much!

Glad to help!