Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10wo fussy eating occassionally=greenish poop at end of day

Default 10wo fussy eating occassionally=greenish poop at end of day

my 10week old baby, healthfully gaining, normally has been a peaceful eater on cue 8-12 times a day, every 2-3 hours. She's occasionally been a fussy eater during daytime, notably last saturday and today. She was not interested in eating, (not much interest in me either) and when she did eat I got her only to eat a few minutes on one breast, and then tried again, to no avail. I burped her and switched sides, which we never do, as she always has only eaten happily and enough off one breast for as long as she wants. She only continued to eat a few more. And I can tell her suck primarily was not an 'I'm hungry suck' today. Well at the end of the day, both last week and this week, her diaper was a green poop so I'm wondering how concerned I should be. Last week she went back to eating normally and tonight hopefully she will too. It was just that one occurrence, all following poops were normal last week. Should I be concerned that it's happening again?

--I currently am also battling a case of what my LC says is mastitis and don't feel well, my stomach is bothering me incl the flu like symptoms. No fever. No red on the breast, no block that I can feel, sensitive reddish nipples, and breasts feel sore esp when I touch them, but I wouldn't say that they feel hard. My doctor said engorgement but LC said mastitis. I am currently taking a homeopathic med and *trying* to rest.

Default Re: 10wo fussy eating occassionally=greenish poop at end of

When a baby is happy, healthy, and developing and gaining weight at a normal pace, there is no reason to be worried about green poop, even if it is consistently green. Green is in the normal color spectrum for breastfed baby poop, and if you're just seeing the occasional green poop it's absolutely nothing to worry about. I think you have some oversupply going on, correct? If so, that could explain the occasional green poops.

When a mom mentions sensitive reddish nipples, I automatically think about thrush or bacterial infection. And I think that either one could cause some green poop. Are you having any itching or burning sensations? How about dry, flaky, peeling, or cracked skin in the nipple/areola area?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: 10wo fussy eating occassionally=greenish poop at end of

Ok thanks, that is what I thought but always worrying esp since it's my first baby.

About oversupply- I don't have it very severely I don't think, if that makes sense. I say this because some symptoms are somewhat present. I just got over an episode of thrush about 2 weeks ago, so I thought the same thing, but there are differences and I'm pretty sure it's not thrush THANKFULLY. No itching or burning, no dryness, and my cracks from the earlier weeks of BF are healing and haven't gotten any worse. But my breasts are heavy feeling (not hard) and sore! and nips are sore, actually right now that I check again, no red nipples. The fact that I am so sore and have flu symptoms but no other mastitis symptom baffles me. Also--every now and then I feel a tiny sharp pain like a tiny flash cramp kind of feeling it occurs in various spots and randomly ..this is not when I'm feeding...don't know if that could be anything.