Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need your input for designing a lactation room

Default Re: Need your input for designing a lactation room

If you're writing to lansinoh for freebies - how about some nursing pads? I definitely had times when I soaked through mine and if I didn't have spares - mess! With regards to magazines, I think a mix of parenting and non-parenting magazines would be nice. Once you get the room started, you could put up some sheets of paper asking moms for further suggestions.

Also, it's nice if the room is not too cold.

Newmomma, that's funny what you say about the housekeepers barging in - the lady who cleans my office walked in on me one time while I was pumping and seemed completely unfazed!

Bfwmomof3: LOL the first one keeps apologizing over and over. The second one was a new employee that started working like 2 weeks ago. She is just avoiding me now LOL. I could care less that they came in not much different than bf in public for me. I know they were more embarrassed than I was.
    First time momma to one amazing baby girl 2/28/2013
    Natural non medicated hospital birth

We also practice EC

Definitely a water cooler! I actually came back specifically to add that to my previous lists. I wouldn't use sanitizing wipes but that is a personal choice, too many chemicals. Maybe a microwave? I like to have a snack while nursing if I can.

I have enjoyed looking at art of moms and babies since being pregnant and especially since R was born. That might not be true for everyone though.

Also temperature control. Sucks to have your boobs hanging out when it is too cold. Sucks to nurse your baby when it is too warm.

I'd go with artwork that's kind of restful and neutral, rather than pictures of babies. I guess I'm thinking that a mom who is pumping is probably trying to think specifically of her baby, rather than of someone else's baby. Though a nice Marie Cassat print could work!

For magazines, I think I'd want something rather neutral rather than something mommy-focused. National Geographic, the New Yorker, the Atlantic. If the pump room is going in a science building, Science and/or Nature.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Good idea for the nursing pads. And the janitor here is a man- so that would be something! Too funny!

Her own baby versus other babies... I get that. Will get a nice variety of magazines.

Hmmm- Have to see if a water cooler is in the budget. A very good idea though. Fortunately the room has a temp controller in it so moms can do as they wish. Thanks!

Hi! How's the lactation room going? Hope our suggestions helped.