Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So bittersweet.......

Default So bittersweet.......

So I am proud to say my LO turned 4 years old on 1/29 and I ccan't believe we still nurse on occasion. I was one of those moms who had a limit of 2 years when I thought of weaning, but once we hit that mark I knew I couldn't stop, nor was my son ready.

Once he hit his 4th birthday I let him know that when his sister gets here (I am due with my 2nd child on May 1st) that we need to slow down on nursing because sissy will need most of my attention in the nursing department (and if she's anything like her big brother she'll want to nurse ALL.THE.TIME, which I'm totally okay with).

I noticed just over the last few days he hasn't really asked to nurse, and when we go to bed he might ask once, but I give it a few minutes and he usually falls right asleep on his own without nursing. I laid in bed last night staring at his gorgeous locks of blonde hair, and sweet sleepy face. I couldn't believe we've made it this long, but I started to tear up knowing this might be the end of our nursing journey, and that he truly is growing up.

I hope his sister is as good of a nursing child as he was. Makes me so proud, I just had to share
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    Mommy to Landon 1-29-2010, who nursed for 4 years!
    Mommy to DD Sadie born May 2nd, 2014 and nursing like a champ!

We all love and

Default Re: So bittersweet.......

Awesome, mama! You are such a giving and loving mom, and your LO is one lucky little guy.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Your little son is indeed a lucky guy. Such a sweet journey you've had together. Saying goodbye to the nursing relationship can definitely be a challenge… Both good and bad in so many ways.
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack

What a beautiful story to share! You sound like you're so in tune with your son that the last part of your nursing journey is likely to be gentle, loving, and sensitive to your son. You're an inspiration, and I hope you'll keep posting to celebrate your son's passing the baton to his sister with us. Treasure those last nurses!

Thanks ladies you make me feel so proud I'm so glad he has gotten to do this on his terms, and I'm definitely blessed to have a supportive husband who lets me do what is best for our children.
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    Mommy to Landon 1-29-2010, who nursed for 4 years!
    Mommy to DD Sadie born May 2nd, 2014 and nursing like a champ!

We all love and