Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 15wks preggo Still nursing 11Month old dd Supply is GONE

Default 15wks preggo Still nursing 11Month old dd Supply is GONE

Hi all this is my first time posting here im currently 15 weeks pregnant and still nursing my 11month old daughter who has no desire anytime soon to wean. She has recently started loosing weight as we learned yesterday at her dr visit. We have decided to use donor milk and a sns to try to keep her at the breast sos once the new baby gets here we can tandem and things keep going as "normal" Only one problem, She REFUSES the sns ive tried taping the tube, ive tried sneaking the tube in once shes latched its all a no go. As of right now were using a ng tube and a bottle as our sns until our medela comes in. But i mean she sees this tube and its an immediate mental break down. She will accept a bottle but id reallllllllly rather her be on the breast <3 Any advice it would greatly be appreaciated

Default Re: 15wks preggo Still nursing 11Month old dd Supply is GONE

I think if the SNS is stressing her out so much, you might want to just put it aside. Continue to nurse her and then offer the bottle to make sure she's getting what she needs. She may or may not continue to nurse even if you have no milk- likely she will if you continue to encourage it- but even if she doesn't, she may go back to it after the baby is born and your milk comes in. I think for me, the main concern would be to keep your breasts for her as a source of comfort and love and if she's getting that upset about the SNS you might actually be doing the opposite of that by pushing it so hard.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks I wondered that this morning while fighting to get her to latch with it on ... shes wanting to nurse a toooon and will gladly take the bottle, im just afraid shed end up perferring the bottle to the boobie and i realllly dont want to have to try to break her from a bottle when i just want her to self wean from the breast :/

I am with Still.here. Offer her donor milk in the bottle and keep the breast for comfort. Pretty soon you should be able to transfer her from bottle to sippy cup- in fact, you may already be able to do so- so I don't think you need to worry overmuch about weaning from the bottle.

How is her weight overall?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"