Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird new issues w baby at feeds, super confused&freaked out

Default Re: Weird new issues w baby at feeds, super confused&freaked

well actually turns out I believe I have an inflammation ....I have no blockage, ...that I can feel. It explains a lot.. my symptoms of sensitive nipples and redness on nipples... and then yesterday I went for a walk, came home and BOOM felt like I had the flu. Terrible night. No fever. My stomach has felt irritated for days, and for me, when I'm getting sick I feel it there first, my body trying to rid of the toxins. Also would explain why my baby has been weird at some feedings. At first I thought it was thrush reoccurring but the signs are a wee bit different. The question now for me is HOW did I get an inflammation because I feed round the clock, she eats all she wants, and her latch has been fine for weeks now. Had loads of trouble in the beginning with that.

about the osteopath; not yet going to see if this inflammation business was the problem

ok so, she has been eating normally again, less spit up. BUT I thought I had an inflammation but wasn't sold on it bc of no lump/block, no redness, but sore, reddish nipples, sore breasts, then flu like symptoms. went to the doc he said it is engorgement. What's the best way to tackle that? The pediatrician suggested switching breasts at each feeding, but my concern is that she'd get too much foremilk. When she was being a picky eater a few days ago that's kinda what happened, I switched her after she hadn't fed for long on each ( it was the only way she ate) and then she had a tiny green poopy diaper. He also said that if she isn't going for the switching, to express after she stops....won't that increase my supply therefore engorgement continues?

Sore breasts and flu like symptoms sounds like mastitis. A lot of pediatrician's don't know the first thing about breastfeeding. Yes, switching sides is a way to increase supply. Not what you'd want to do with engorgement anyway. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zaynethepain View Post
    a lot of pediatrician's don't know the first thing about breastfeeding. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/
    right!!

after a call w my LC mastitis ....she chuckled when i told her what the ped said