Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Working and reverse cycling

Default Working and reverse cycling

Hi All,
    New to this forum....

Am curious if any of you have dealt with working and reverse cycling?
    I am looking for advice on how to get enough sleep and/or any tips on weaning the LO from this (she is up 5-7 times per night 7:30pm-7am)

Background info:
    LO is 8 months old.
    Transitioning from daddy home on parental leave to daycare (I went back to work 2 months ago).
    gets 2 x 6-8 oz bottles while im at work (7:30-3:30)
    We were co-sleeping but having to transition her to her crib (still beside bed) to prepare her for daycare
    I put her to bed between 7-7:30 and I go to bed between 8:30-9pm, up at 6
    Thanks

Default Re: Working and reverse cycling

Why do you need to transition her to the crib to prepare her for daycare? It seems like the easiest thing would be to go back to co-sleeping. If you really want the crib to be part of the nighttime routine, you could start her out in the crib, then take her into bed once you go to bed.

This is not part of your question, but 6-8 oz bottles are really big! Usually baby gets 2 or 3 or 4 oz at the breast, and a lot of working moms will give similar-sized bottles It sounds like baby is getting up to 16 oz over your 8 hour workday - are you able to keep up with that? (Some moms can handle that much pumping just fine, other moms would really struggle to produce 2 oz/hour).

with the PP!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

We were trying to get her used to sleeping in a crib bc in daycare they just put them down in a crib for naptime. Hoping that would ease the transition so that it wouldnt take as long for DD to start napping at daycare (right now she stands and screams at them if they try)

The two bottles were just a trial as DH said she wasn't taking the noon bottle (so he split the 3 bottles into 2) we have switched back to 3 x 3-4 oz bottles (I wasn't comfortable with it). and yes, I keep up with that at work with 3 pumping times (pump 4-6 oz in am session, then 3oz, then 4oz)

Well, in that case I would say that the daycare needs to try a different napping strategy for your child. It's not your responsibility to change your life to make the daycare's job easier. You're paying them, not the other way round!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I agree, don't let them guilt you into thinking it's your fault. Plus the idea of just plunking a baby down in a crib and expecting her to go to sleep is completely unrealistic! My kids have had various caregivers in different situations (daycare, nanny), and I've seen them use a variety of techniques to put the kids down for a nap in the crib: swinging in a swing, bouncing in the bouncy chair, rocking, singing, walking them around, patting them on the back, etc.