Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refusing bottle ***help

Default Re: Refusing bottle ***help

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*avesnovuelan View Post
    I'm sure 6 weeks is fine. I imagine plenty of moms wait even longer. I think the trick to introducing a bottle is to be persistent. Baby will get it eventually. If not you could see if your caregiver is willing to try a spoon or syringe.
    Do you think it would be ok to try once a day (in between feedings)?

That's what we do.

Sore so many questions... When I try different bottles do I yet one bottle or a few the same feeding? Or try it the next feeding or next day?

We tried the Medela ones a few times with no luck before switching. I would keep trying one for a couple days before switching. Try different rooms of the house, different milk and nipple temperatures, different positions to hold her in, etc before switching to a different bottle.

She is still rejecting the bottles. As soon as I or someone else puts the bottle in her mouth she fusses and ends up crying. I feel like I am creating a negative experience for her. I am trying the ibbm (intermittent bottle by mom) and I am on day 4, but it still seems the same. I have tried soo many bottles. I am thinking about trying a latex nipple since all the bottles I have been trying were silicone.

Did you ever taste the milk? Mine wasn't taking a bottle and we realized the milk was soapy. It is due to an enzyme called lipase. If that is the problem there is a solution. You either have to give the milk as soon as you can after pumping (same or next day works for me) or scald it on the stove before putting it in the freezer.