Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mommy's nutrients

Default Mommy's nutrients

I am breastfeeding an 8 month old and in the past couple of weeks it has been impossible for me to get full.. I am hungry all day. I have not changed my diet and haven't done anything different than I ever did previously... I've always weighed 105. And still weigh that, so I'm not losing or gaining weight.. I just am stumped as to why I feel constantly hungry lately.. Anyone else ever go through this while breastfeeding?

Default Re: Mommy's nutrients

This is a really common experience for a nursing mom. Breastfeeding burns a ton of calories and there are days when a mom can just sense that her body needs to put more energy in to compensate for the energy that's going out.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I was always voraciously hungry when nursing my babies.

I had heard and read that breastfeeding would help me lose the pregnancy weight, but I had no idea how quickly. I was 107 pre pregnancy, and three weeks after my baby was born I was 104. (In hindsight, this was because I hadn't enlisted enough help from family and friends). I was ravenous for weeks. And then for months I could eat a ton and stay at 105. Now that my baby is 14 months old, this had finally started to get back to normal... Until he got sick last week, started nursing more often and now I'm hungry all over again
    Mama to 1 amazing DS born 12/23/12! proudly for 1 year and counting! Still although he sure is getting heavy...

I did when my DD was a few months old too. Even at night, I keep on eating snacks and anything I could grab from the fridge. I got over it when she weaned but I had the same weight.

I am nursing a 15 month old, and I am still ravenous nearly all day long. I eat almost constantly! You aren't alone.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!