I have seen 3 lactation consultants and a doctor ( a doctor who did not know Raynauds can affect the nipples/breasts).
I am having severe pain in the left breast and nipple. When the baby comes off my nipple is slightly creased and I have a huge white ridge on one side of my nipple - the same spot, no matter the hold.
- the latch is excruciating
- the entire feed is slightly less but still excruciating
- when he comes off I still feel pain
- I also feel deep tissue breast pain (shooting, stabbing and throbbing)
- I experience burning in my nipple
- My nipple doesn't look cracked but it certainly feels cracked.
-The LCs told me latch looks perfect.
- The LCs are stumped at how quickly this ridge forms and whiteness forms (literally less than 20 seconds)
- baby has a yeast infection on his bum
- no visible signs of oral thrush (patches of white in babies mouth)
I was prescribed both nystasin (sp?) and diflucan today, and we're treating his bum with lotrimin. I am so worried that it isn't going to help, because it might be the wrong diagnosis. The doc had no idea raynauds could affect the breast, and latch doesn't seem to be the issue
please HELP - I seriously cannot pump or feed on this breast right now, the pain is so excruciating.
ETA: One LC pointed out he was slightly tongue-tied - but again we are feeding beautifully on the right breast with no pain besides the random occasional latch pain.