Re: 11 weeks - back to newborn again!!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making it through the first 11 weeks!
Babies this age often pick up weird little nursing quirks. So my first thought is that this is a quirk, which will disappear as she gets older and really figures out the fine points of nursing- like how to get her needs met in the most pleasing, most rapid way. But I do wonder about a few things which might explain the behavior, namely:
- How is your milk supply? On the high side or just about right? (If it's on the high side, you'd probably notice things like frequent fullness or engorgement, fast letdowns, lots of leaking, baby choking, gasping, gagging, or maki a clicking sound while nursing, etc.)
- Has there been a recent change in supply- for example, did you recently go from having too much milk to having just enough?
- Anything new in your routine- a new form of hormonal contraception, new lotion or perfume?
- Does the fussiness intensify at any time of day, perhaps in the evenings?
- Is baby teething, and do the doc take a peek in her ears to rule out an ear infection?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"