Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I get my cosleeping 2 yo to sleep without nursing

Default Re: How do I get my cosleeping 2 yo to sleep without nursing

My daughter fell asleep with Daddy the first time the other week too, both laid on our bed though, then we transferred her to her cot - we're like you though, she still wakes a couple of times in the night and wants nursing before will settle again, some days I find it tiring (it's only usually once or twice and not for long) but after reading this forum she'll wean at some point! So I'll just wait until she's ready - sorry off topic!

Last edited by @llli*m11612; May 31st, 2017 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Update:
    Just in case anyone comes across this and wants to know how it turned out.
    My daughter is now 5 and has a 2 year old brother. We still cosleep and she still was nursing to sleep until we began to fully wean about a month ago. She was down to just nursing to sleep (at no other time of day) since about the time she turned 5.
    I was able to go out. She did stay awake until 3am when I got home from my friend's bachelorette party. She fell asleep at around midnight the night of the wedding. It was fine. We just slept in the next day which worked out for me too. Since then I have gone out at night with no problems and by the time she was 3 she was able to fall asleep just a little later than normal on nights I was out. Her brother is a very different kid and does nurse to sleep most of the time, but could pretty much care less when I'm not available.
    It may be important to note that my daughter was and is very attached to nursing and me and can be overwhelmed easily by change. This is not a bad thing just part of who she is.
    I believe it is normal to want to be there for your child and that it is okay to have time to yourself. I think the reason I was so overwhelmingly concerned about leaving her (even with family that loves her) was undiagnosed PPA/PPD. I am now being treated for it with Zoloft and wish I had started sooner.
    Thank you to everyone on this site who provided support and encouragement!

Glad to hear things are going well! Thanks so much for the update.