Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Month Supply issues since cycle returned - Desperate!

Default Re: 6 Month Supply issues since cycle returned - Desperate!

You may want to give the dream feed a try then...it might be much easier & less stressful than pumping. If it disturbs him too much you can always go back to pumping at that time. I did the same as you for a long time (pumping before bed) - it was exhausting! Then my DD started eating less at her bedtime feeding so I started doing a dream feed instead. SO much easier every baby is different but it's worth a try.

Also want to add that stress can definitely work against you in terms of supply. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax & don't get too worked up about the numbers

http://www.ezzo.info/primary/babywise-feeding
    Ideally you feed baby during a light sleep cycle, which would be the few minutes of restless sleep between the dead sleep. The size of your breasts isn't an indicator but it is entirely possible that you have a smaller storage capacity. Seven hours may still be more than your body can handle. Milk making hormones are the highest at night as well.
    I'm glad too see you are at least pumping and feeding extra during the day. There's been a lot of controversy surrounding the feeding style you're aiming for. One of the biggest problems with it is many mothers cannot maintain supply long term.

I would also encourage nighttime milk removal. I am positive that I have a small storage capacity--I never would have been able to personally keep up without the frequent nursing overnight. If you feel like you may be in the same boat, nursing overnight would probably fix the issues. For what it is worth, my daughter has successfully dream-fed for months and months. I can't remember the last time her night nursing actually resulted in a true waking on her part!
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!