Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breastfeeding is fun!

Cool breastfeeding is fun!

All the posts on these forums are so serious! Questions and problems and helpful advice... I thought I would start a fun thread! Anyone want to share funny breastfeeding anecdotes?

I'll share one. So my 5 year old sister and 8 year old brother were visiting with my stepmother this last week. We were hanging out in the living room after dinner one night and I was nursing the baby under a nursing cover and my sister asked her mother what I was doing. Call me a coward, but I wasn't prepared to answer her myself! I was not ashamed and I don't think it would be wrong or bad to tell her what I was doing, but I wasn't sure how her mother preferred to have this explained to her so I let her answer. She was very honest with her and said "Babies drink milk from mommy's boobies. Mommy's milk is best! It's how I fed you and your brother when you were babies." I thought my sister would just say "Oh." and go back to her coloring book, but nope! She collapsed into a fit of giggles and ran up the stairs to tell her brother what she had learned! "Hey, guess what?! When we were babies we 'drinked' milk from Mommy's BOOOOOOOOBIES!" She laughed about this for the rest of the night. By the end of their stay, the rest of my whole family knew that her niece (she was so proud to be an auntie!) "drinked" milk from my boobies!

Looking forward to reading stories from other mamas!
    Lisa & David Est. 9/3/11
    Madeline 12/31/13

Default Re: breastfeeding is fun!

Ds was running around playing a game of hide from daddy monster. He ran up to me and tried to take my boob out and aim it at dh. He said "Magic boobies will save me!"

Check out the You know you're nursing a toddler when thread in the 12+ forum. Very amusing stories in there.

Default Re: breastfeeding is fun!

My 15 month old was very, very put out this morning that I would not nurse our cat. She really, really likes to share.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!