Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Soon-to-Be New Mom! Help finding a Breast Pump!!

Default Soon-to-Be New Mom! Help finding a Breast Pump!!

Hi There!
    I'm totally brand new to this whole thing. My husband and I are expecting our FIRST BABY IN MARCH we are very excited! I am looking forward to breastfeeding, and would like some FEEDBACK ON CHOOSING A PUMP. I will be home with the baby for the first 6 months, and then I will be returning to work full-time. My insurance covers the price of the pump, and they offer a selection of four. Any suggestions or feedback anyone has on any of the following breast pumps would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Phillips Avent Comfort Breast Pump

Lansinoh Affinity Pro Breast Pump

Hygeia Enjoye Breast Pump

NUK Expressive Double Electric Breast Pump

Default Re: Soon-to-Be New Mom! Help finding a Breast Pump!!

Congratulations!!

LLL endorses the Hygeia Enjoye. I'm not personally familiar with the other pumps, but hopefully some other moms who have experience with them will come by to offer their opinions. In the meantime, you could also browse through these threads about choosing a pump.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Hi mama, to be honest, I would not worry about buying a pump right now. You're thinking about going to back to work in September, which is a full 8 months away. Who knows what may happen by then? Maybe you'll decide to delay your return to work, or to work part-time, or work from home, or whatever. And even if you do go back full-time in September, you don't need to start pumping for your first day back until a month or so before. So I would suggest, settle in, focus on nursing your baby - which is the best way to get breastfeeding off to a great start - and worry about the pump later.

Amongst the pumps you list, the Hygeia Enjoye is the only one I've frequently seen recommended, though I have not personally used it.

I just got my Hygeia Enjoye, I am also about to have my baby (any day now) and I am way excited to get to use it!

My insurance didn't cover the Hygeia but our midwife highly recommended it!

I have the Hygeia Enjoye and have been very happy with it. I work full time and have been using it for about nine months with no problems. Best of luck to you!