Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My one month old baby wants to be fed every 2 hours

Default My one month old baby wants to be fed every 2 hours

Hello, my baby is one month old and ponctually needs to be fed every 2 hours...it is quite exhausting....is it normal or does this mean that my milk is not nourrishing enough
    Thank you for your responses !!!

Default Re: My one month old baby wants to be fed every 2 hours

3-4 weeks is prime for a growth spurt. It is exhausting. Hang in there mamma.

My 5-month old still eats every 2 hours (except at night). As long as they seem satisfied after eating, then they are getting enough.

HTH,

Angela

I`m nursing at keyboard, so it`ll be short. just wanted to encourage you. Your breast milk is the best nourishment for your baby, it does not lose it`s quality. But it does digest quickly, sometimes in 90 mins, so bf babies eat more often. Also, if they are going through a growth spurt, they will eat even more often than that. As long as the diaper output is good (6-8 cloth or 4-6 disposable wet diapers and 2-3 poopy ones/ day), and the baby is gaining well, everything is fine.
    Hang in there
    peace

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

My 3 month old still nurses every two hours during the day, then every hour in the evening, and then sleeps all night. It is considered totally normal for breastfed babies to want to eat every hour to two hours. It is also suggested that the mother offer the breast to her baby at least evey two hours during the daytime. I know, it is tiring, one feels like they're always nursing.... But only until you wean!

My first son would bf within the hour of bf and was an often bf until 3 months when i noticed he spaced out the bf sessions.he got me thinking he was always on a growth spurt. Try to enjoy while you bf, relax and just think that one day you'll miss this stage you're in now.

Totally normal. You milk is fine they just absorb it and are growing SOOO quickly they NEED to send a signal to you every two hours so you continue to make the right amount of milk! Hang in there. We know it's exhausting. It's also totally worth it long term. We promise

Hi I had the eact same worries with my DD... she's now almost 9 weeks and still eats atleast that often sometimes even more! She does sleep thorugh the night tho (well almost ) Just keep nursing on demand and LO will be fine, and eventualy from what i hear it gets easier!!
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

As you can tell by the responses from pp's, this is totally normal. My DD is 3 month old, and eats her first 2-3 meals of the day about 1-1/2 hrs apart, then every 2-3 hrs during the day, and then sleeps up to 8 hrs overnight. I agree with whoever said enjoy it now (even though it is tiring) because I am already thinking ahead to how much I'll miss it when she weans!