Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supply issue? Want to avoid supplementing.

Default Re: Supply issue? Want to avoid supplementing.

Thanks for the support. And good idea on adding olive oil to the fruit and vegs! He loves avocado and meats, so that helps. I will definitely try going to a LLL meeting. When I've called or emailed they say they can't give any doc recommendations but that I could visit a meeting for some recommendations from other moms. Going to the other pedi on tues, but not sure how pro BF she is. We'll see how it goes.

Hope everything goes well with the new doc...

I have nothing to add to this discussion. I just wanted to thank everyone that responded. I am going through the same thing and am trying desperately not to panic. I have a fat, happy baby and yet I am constantly worried that he isn't getting enough. This thread was very reassuring to me. I just have to trust that my body and my baby are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Your doctor is on crack. 24-32 oz a day is the daily average amount. And also it's VERY common for babies to slow way down as the start moving. My son went from gaining 14oz a week the 1st 4.5 months of his life to only gaining a half an oz a week from the day I put him in the johhny jumper. So He slid 20% between 4.5 and 6months. But he was still gaining. As long as your baby is gaining, I would ignore this advice completely.

Way too lazy for formula