Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should I change the Bottle nipples based on the levels?

Default Should I change the Bottle nipples based on the levels?

Hi Everyone I am proud breastfeeding mom of 6.5 mos triplets. I also work full time. While I am at work they are bottle fed expressed milk. I have not changed the nipples of their bottles. Should I ? And how do I know which level to use?

Default Re: Should I change the Bottle nipples based on the levels?

No need to change level on the nipples. Breastfed babies generally do just fine on newborn nipples, and that's throughout the time they use a bottle. The breast doesn't flow faster based on the baby's age, so the bottle doesn't have to, either. The larger stage nipples are really only for formula-fed babies, so that they can chug down large bottles more quickly, meaning less work for the caregivers.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

ah k.. I felt awful my cousins wife made me feel just awful because I had not changed the nipples... her baby is formula fed... this makes me feel better...she said oh if I don't change the nipples it makes them prone to ear infections.

Oh gosh, what craziness will people come up with next?!!! No need to feel bad or waste money on new nipples!

Also, people who say critical things to the breastfeeding moms of triplets should be fined. I'm thinking $100 for the first offense, $200 thereafter. After three offenses, their license to provide commentary on parenting should be suspended for 6 months.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

@llli*mommal I like that idea! I would be one extremely rich woman.

I'm wondering if she was confused about needing to change them every three months as recommended because they might be worn out with needing to change the flow. You never need to change the flow for a breastfed baby, it's usually better if you don't. And you probably won't need to buy new ones as often as a for a formula-fed baby because they are not being used as often.

Just gotta say, you're an inspiration! "I am proud breastfeeding mom of 6.5 mos triplets. I also work full time." Thanks for posting BTW. I was wondering the same thing.