I am having some issues with breast-feeding my 6 weeks old. (still figuring out why breast feeding is so painful)
in meanwhile i have started to pump, so that i get a hang of it once i start going back to work.
I am still exclusively breastfeeding my baby.
1. Currently i am pumping when i get up for the mid-night feeding, that is the only time i feel full. after feeding my baby i pump for about 15 mins (one breast at a time) and get anywhere between 2 to 3oz of milk.
2. Is it okay to pump one breast at a time?
3. I dont feel the let-down, neither during pumping nor during breast feeding. is this okay?
4. When pumping after the initial 2 mins (which is let-down reflex) the milk comes for 3-4 mins more and then it stops. is that normal? is the phalange size a problem?
5. I, then massage the breast to get milk spray going again. This works good with my right breast but from the left i cant get more milk after massaging also.
6. how do i know which size is best fit for me?
any tips/advice as to how should i continue? any mistake that i am doing?
oh, yeah I have medela PISA