Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help poor latch.. :(

Default Re: help poor latch.. :(

Sorry on my phone. I have a hard time typing. But just weighted her again she's back up the three ounces. So today I will try to weight her before nursing and after. Just emotionally getting challenging. This is tuff

You're doing so awesome, mama! Hang in there, and thanks for checking back with us.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

The sns just sucks. She refused it all night. I finally gave up at three am and just gave her the supplement in a bottle. She wasn't wanting to nurse at all last night. I had to wake her. This morning no interest in nursing. Blah!!!!! I just thought everything will improve after her revision. I know it will take time. Just feeling at a loss. 3 babies no problem my 4 th may just not work out nursing that is. I don't know what todo. I guess take it day by day. And see.
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*avery.mom View Post
    The sns just sucks. She refused it all night. I finally gave up at three am and just gave her the supplement in a bottle. She wasn't wanting to nurse at all last night. I had to wake her. This morning no interest in nursing. Blah!!!!! I just thought everything will improve after her revision. I know it will take time. Just feeling at a loss. 3 babies no problem my 4 th may just not work out nursing that is. I don't know what todo. I guess take it day by day. And see.
    How're you doing today? My mom (a former LLL leader) reminded me often that there are all kinds of reasons to nurse, not just calories. And even if they're not getting all/any of their calories from you, there are still reasons to nurse. Maybe some no-pressure bare chested snuggle time would be good for both of you. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't get a baby to latch -- and it's scary too because they need to eat! I never used an SNS (the didn't offer that at the hospital so we used a syringe and then bottle) but it does sound tricky!

Thank you!!! Today has been. Better day she is using the sns well and latching good today. Still pumping and doing tons of skin to skin. Thank goodness for my Moby. . I have to remind myself that if she is fed than I am doin a good job and to let all the anxiety go.
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Yeah we did it!!!!!!! Got the green light to wean off the sns and pumping and just nurse. I still have to keep an eye I her weight to make sure. I'm so excited. Now just how do you stop pumping without pain. They had me pumpin every time I nursed now it just hurts. I have a lot of milk
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Awesome!!!

Since you've been doing a lot of pumping, you may need to have a slow fade with your relationship with the pump. If you're so full that you are uncomfortable, either hand-express or pump out just enough milk to restore your comfort. As long as you don't totally empty the breast, the fullness will signal your body to throttle back on production. It might take a while to get your body and baby's demand in sync, so be patient with yourself!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank u!! I haven't had to pump for two days feels weird. I've been so used to mega full breast it's weird to have soft ones again

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*avery.mom View Post
    Yeah we did it!!!!!!! Got the green light to wean off the sns and pumping and just nurse.

Somehow I missed that you were posting here! I'm so glad to see things are going better for you.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Lol I know where the good support is
    I'm glad too. Still a nervous wreck about her losing weight again. But she's gained so far. She's not liking my milk not squirting in her mouth for her. But she's getting it.