Re: Mastitis and weaning
Just keep an eye on it. The pain may well go away without further treatment.
But if you see any, several, or all of the following:
- red streaks or patches on the exterior skin of the breast
- deep muscle aches and pains
- flu-like symptoms
- a very tender or painful lump in the breast
then you may have mastitis and it's time to do the following:
- call your doctor- you may need antibiotics
- consider either pumping or nursing, as the best treatment for a breast infection is to empty out the breast
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"