Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 mos old BF, not yet rolling over,fine?

Default 6 mos old BF, not yet rolling over,fine?

please advice me on this, my DD will be 6 mos on Jan 12 but not yet rolling over. she started practicing at 4 mos but after many attempts but failed to do so she now stop doing it. will she ever do it again?any idea on this? she looks healthy, she can stay long on tummy time but dont roll over by herself. she's now start attempting to get up like when lying on bed, she will lift her head up and use 2 elbows to support but of course she's unable yet. anyone can relate on this?

Default Re: 6 mos old BF, not yet rolling over,fine?

Don't fret too much. My girls (twins) both considered rolling from back to tummy for a while and then got bored trying. Now they are almost ready to crawl and still don't do a lot of rolling from one side to the other. I've read that rolling over has become much less frequent with the "back to sleep" campaign anyway.

If you are at all concerned about baby's development, it never hurts to check in with baby's doctor!
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sonogirl View Post
    If you are at all concerned about baby's development, it never hurts to check in with baby's doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sonogirl View Post
    agree
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

thanks a lot mommas for your input. actually i searched on internet yesterday and i tried their suggestions. i stimulate DD by putting toys at her sides and hold her hand to help her roll over. after 3 practices she did it by her own ovelwhelm mommy while watching. DD even amazed that she did it, she keeps doing again and again and doesn't want to stop hahhahahahha...