Re: 8 mo, plugged duct, and semi-nursing strike
Welcome to the forum!
If you feel like you're coming down with a plugged duct or mastitis, you want to do the following:
- Apply moist heat (warm compresses, showers, baths) to the breast and the nipple.
- Use breast massage while nursing or pumping. You can use your hand, or if you have something that provides vibration, like an electric toothbrush, hold it against the plugged area.
- Nurse more often, if the baby is willing.
- Vary your nursing position.
- Pump more (particularly if the baby is unwilling to nurse!)
Basically, you want to do everything in your power to empty the plugged area.
It sounds like your baby is nursing just 4-5 times a day. Is he getting bottles in addition to these nursing sessions, and if so, how much is in the bottles?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"