Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Quick questions....please help!!

Default Quick questions....please help!!

Hi gang,
    Well I'm still hanging in there, it'll be 8weeks tomorrow and we're still having problems I'm totally at wits end now. I've been doing the tea, I've taken fenugreek, which I had to discontinue....it was giving the little guy diarhea...and I still have a hungry hungry fella after every nursing session any time after about 2 in the afternoon. Okay...he's nursing alot...my question is do you pump after EVERY nursing session? Is that what I should be doing to increase things. I feel like despite all of my research....I'm still missing that missing key or information that would solve all my problems. To top it off I've got PPD, and this breastfeeding problems thing just is NOT helping. I feel like if I just switch to bottles then I'd be happier, but on the other hand I'd feel too guilty...grrrr....what to do, what to do.
    Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Michelle

Default Re: Quick questions....please help!!

Wow, I so know how you feel. Nothing has worked yet for me, but I've just upped my dosage of fenugreek (I was only taking two tablets once a day). I know that's not working for you, and now that you've mentioned diarrhea, I wonder if it's working for me. I've noticed that DS's stools are really wet and loose at several times a day. I've also been told to eat oatmeal, which I hate, so I just started forcing that down my throat and we'll see if it changes anything. But when I pump at work, I don't get nearly enough. And lots of times my LO nurses me to dry as a bone and still screams that he's hungry. Right now, I'm wanting to give up completely because it's so frustrating. My DH tells me that I'm breastfeeding enough to make him happy, but it's not making me happy. Why can't I just accept that we won't ever EBF? As long as he's getting bigger and still healthy, it doesn't matter, right? But it matters to me. I just wish someone would understand.

Hugs to you. Let's not give up, okay?

don't give up! keep nursing as often as baby wants. more often! and, yes, pump. there may be a couple weeks where you feel you do nothing but nurse and pump, but it WILL get better.

it took me a long time, too. even the LC said I might have to supplement forever, but I didn't! it just took longer than some people.

can you get Reglan or Domperidone from your doc?

you'll be sad if you give up, but you'll feel so good when you succeed. don't lose hope now. lots of luck!
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

Thumbs up Re: Quick questions....please help!!

I have a 15 week LO and we're starting to have a supply problem. The past few weeks I was doing some traveling and there were times that BF was not an option and the bottle came into our lives.
    I have been pumping once a night before bed and taking Fennugreek a couple time a day and started the tea tonight.
    I can relate to everyones fears and concerns. I plan on fighting a good fight and not stopping until I succeed. I am here to support my fellow bf'ing moms! We've all got to stick together and share with each other what works! Please don't hesitate to PM or e-mail if you need to talk or vent.
    ---Allison

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
    don't give up! keep nursing as often as baby wants. more often! and, yes, pump. there may be a couple weeks where you feel you do nothing but nurse and pump, but it WILL get better.

you'll be sad if you give up, but you'll feel so good when you succeed. don't lose hope now. lots of luck!
    I remember that feeling, like you are a walking talking breast!!

It DOES get better and you WILL feel so good having overcome it.

I'm worried about taking Reglan, since I've already got the baby blues. All of my reading and friends who have take it, say that it causes severe depression. I'm not thinking I need to add that to my list of problems. I found a useful site on weaning off supplements, with charts to keep track of nursing times, lengths, supplements, poopies and pees, and so on.....so I printed off that last night and started in today. It suggests to pump or nurse min. of 1 times a day and it actually tells more about pumping than I've found before. Take a gander at it....it's helpful http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html