Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tiny pain

Default Tiny pain

Okay ladies. Here's a tiny question that I know someone must have a great answer for.

I have painful vasospasms, so I have to put my breast away immediately after nursing without letting my nipple dry very well. The problem is that the nipple then sticks to the inside of my bra. Then I have to painfully unstick it – kind of like tearing off a tiny Band-Aid. There has got to be a better way. Anyone have something that works?

Default Re: Tiny pain

Instead of putting the breast away immediately, how about using a hot pad or hot water bottle to deal with the vasospasm? Once it has passed, then you can tuck your dry nipples away.

Alternate possibilities: cloth nursing pads? Maybe wool ones?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

That is why I stopped wearing bras, actually! I haven't worn one in about a year. They still irritate the heck out of my nipples, so I skip them.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Instead of putting the breast away immediately, how about using a hot pad or hot water bottle to deal with the vasospasm? Once it has passed, then you can tuck your dry nipples away.

Alternate possibilities: cloth nursing pads? Maybe wool ones?
    Good idea, Mommal, especially overnight when the vasospasms are worst. I've been fantasizing about a heated nursing bra. Someone should invent that! Lanolin works, but the greases up my bra...but a sacrificial nursing pad could work.

Soon girl, I can't wait until I can lose the bra, at least overnight. But the fabric touching my nipples is way too much right now. Hopefully in the summer when the Renault's (sp?) isn't as bad I can follow your lead!

Ah, see, the bra fabric actually hurt me most during vasospasm! I wore really loose shirts in those days.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!