Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know what to do

Default Re: I don't know what to do

For what it's worth, my LO started nursing more frequently as he got older. He nursed every 2.5 hours as a newborn, but now is 8 months old and for probably four months has been nursing every 1.5 hours during the day as well as more frequently at night. His number of wets went down too, and he's perfectly healthy and growing well. Trust your mama gut if you think something is wrong, but those two things seem normal to me

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and/or advice!!! More knowledge = more power. I have been doing lots of reading, and I'm reevaluating my own health/diet, getting some extra sleep, pumping a bit, drinking some mothers milk tea and just making sure baby and me are healthy and okay. We are going to keep on nursing frequently and know we are doing our best! No matter how tiring!!! How do you do it reading.mom? Is LO eating solids? I was kinda hoping that maybe once my DD started eating some solids (I know it would take a little bit for her to get anything out of it) but I thought might help in stretching the nursing a bit longer.

My 13 month old nurses probably every hour while awake. Not sure how much overnight (I don't count), but lots! She eats tons of solids at this point, but nursing frequency hasn't changed much. She has always been a super frequent nurser. Length of nursing sessions has changed--they are shorter sessions now. But still lots of them!

I just relish the time to be still. If I am nursing, I am relaxing! Reminding myself that nothing is forever helps a lot, too. One day, baby won't need me like this anymore. To cope with frequent night nursing, I bedshare, I don't clock watch or count wakings, and I go to bed with the baby.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm always one-handed on a smartphone, either using the forums while pumping, or while a baby is sleeping on me.