Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Zoloft and milk let down issues---need reassurance

Default Zoloft and milk let down issues---need reassurance

I have a lot of anxiety and it affects my milk let down. My 7 month old really only nurses at night/early when she is sleepy and doesn't give up before my milk lets down (often takes several minutes, sometimes even 10---I have to completely disengage my thoughts in order for my milk to let down). Anyway, I know it is from anxiety and now I am in a vicious cycle. My doctor has prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft. They have tried to assure me that there is no risk to the baby, but I am having a really hard time accepting that. Please, for those of you out there who have taken it and have older children now, have you seen any negative outcome of taking the drug? Anyone with similar issues?

Default Re: Zoloft and milk let down issues---need reassurance

I am taking the same dose of Zoloft that you have been prescribed. I have had no issues with my daughter while on it. It is considered a safe drug to take while breastfeeding and has made a huge difference in my life.
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school

Default Re: Zoloft and milk let down issues---need reassurance

Realize this is an old thread but did the Zoloft help your letdown? I'm having the same exact issue...