Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ok to prepare BM bottles night before?

Default Ok to prepare BM bottles night before?

Tommee tippee bottles.. Are they ok to put BM in with nipples and caps and leave overnight? It seems like it would be easier to do this the night before rather than morning before. I just wasn't sure if it's ok to store this way. Thanks!

Default Re: Ok to prepare BM bottles night before?

I have never done anything other than leave my milk in bottles overnight for the next day. Whatever I pump the day before, I pump directly into my bottles. Those bottles go into my refrigerator and are used the next day--or on Monday, if the pumping is done on Friday.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

I always prepared bottles the night before. If there is some sort of health risk doing that, well, then I had a 10 month long parenting fail!
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

It's fine...
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Yup, that's how I always did it Assuming it was freshly pumped milk from that day, I made up the bottles that night, and the next morning just grab and go for daycare. (Now if I was using previously frozen milk for some reason, I would put the frozen packets in the fridge the night before, let them defrost there overnight, and in the morning make up the bottles.)

I think it's okay as long as you put them in the fridge. But it shouldn't be there more than 24 hours or so.