Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not producing milk!!!

Default Not producing milk!!!

My daughter is almost 3 weeks old & i havent been producing milk so i have been supplementing with formula but i would like to become EBF with her. I have been trying to drink the "Mothers Milk" tea. But i cant drink a full cup because of the taste of it.

Anything else that i can do to help with milk production?? Im pretty much willing to try anything.

Default Re: Not producing milk!!!

congrats!

the thing that stimulates more milk production is more demand. all the tea and herbs in the world won't help if you're not nursing or pumping enough - ie removing milk from the body somehow. so please tell us as much detail as you can about your routine now. how much/often is she nursing in 24 hours? are you pumping? with what pump, how long, how often, how much milk? how much formula, how often, what method (bottle or something else)? what is her complete weight gain history, and were the weights all naked on the same scale or no? what does nursing feel like for you? and any other details you can think of.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Default Re: Not producing milk!!!

Auderey asked some excellent questions. Let us know the answers, and we will have a better idea of how to help.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"