Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: BF my 2.5yo and unable to get pregnant

Default BF my 2.5yo and unable to get pregnant

I have a 2.5 yo and she still bf at night and when she wants to snuggle. She has ebf since day one. My period came back when she was 13mo. We started trying for another in July. I use charting and the ovulation test kits. I am ovulating very regularly. We got pregnant with our toddler on the very first try, but we haven't been able to get pregnant this time. Sometimes I feel like I am preg but then I start my period. Do you think it's because I'm still nursing? I don't want to wean her, she loves it so much and it's our special time. I'm 38 and I don't want to wait too long. I've been checked out and everything looks normal. Any suggesstions?

Default Re: BF my 2.5yo and unable to get pregnant

Did they check your prolactin levels? If they are still high it could impact fertility. I was extremely regular but had high prolactin before getting pregnant with my daughter, and didn't get pregnant til we brought the levels down. That said - many women get pregnant regardless, and 6 months isn't out of the realm of normal.

So hard to say and I don't look forward to eventually being in your shoes! I know for some people even a slight reduction in breastfeeding changes things, so maybe there is room to taper?

Default Re: BF my 2.5yo and unable to get pregnant

Traditional foods for fertility: http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/top...fertility.html

Worth a shot. It's how I began eating this summer when surprise! I ended up pregnant.