Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about slow weight gain in my 10 week old

Default Re: Worried about slow weight gain in my 10 week old

Wow- that is a great idea that I have never heard of! I will be trying that! I have over 300 oz frozen which is so ironic considering his weight gain. But I have always pumped more than I have given as supplements. So, if I take the extra cream off the leftover milk each day (and I made up the 4oz extra myself- just seems like something that worked to at least keep him from losing weight)- anyway- do I toss the leftover? That would take some getting used to! But I like the idea of double cream. Thank you!

I forgot to mention that the IBCLC recommended a chiro visit as well. We haven't done that yet, but will see her on Friday.

Is it too late at 3.5 months to boost supply? (like, should the power pump session work still?)

Thanks!
    Last edited by @llli*mamax4; January 20th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.

You don't have to toss the leftover "skim" milk! You can save it to thin out solids later on in the game if you choose to feed cereals or purees. I also know of some moms who offer that skimmed milk in a cup when their babies are older along with their solids, for cup learning, in the place of small sips of water. My baby never did eat cereals or purees, so I likely would have gone that latter route, if I had any extra milk available to do so!
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

Save the skim milk! It's not fat-free, just a lot lower in fat. It will be great for the uses Sonogirl mentioned above.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"