Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I want to thank everyone for all the help these past 2 years

Smile I want to thank everyone for all the help these past 2 years

I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me and given advice/opinions over the past two years. My daughter is 22 months old and I think that we have weaned. It hasn't been very long, but she isn't nursing, and she isn't asking. The last time I tried to nurse her she leaned over and kissed the side of my boob and then laid her head down on it and snuggled for a minute I thought it was very cute, but the non BFing people around me said it was weird. to them, LOL

So I think we are done nursing, and I'm ok with that since we have another one coming due in July. I will probably be back in July with more questions I'm planning on using a bottle occasionally this time so I may need advice when the time comes so I don't hurt our nursing relationship.

Well thank you all again!!! and I may not be back till closer to July...

THANK YOU!!!
    Mother of 3 beautiful girls, and expecting baby number 4 in July

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

Default Re: I want to thank everyone for all the help these past 2 y

I think it is cute too! So sweet. I actually conducted a survey once and found that many weaned children (and even those who never nursed!) find comfort in holding, patting, or laying thier cheek on thier mother's breast. Makes sense when you think about it!

I hope you feel welcome to check in and post anytime. Your knowledge and experience is so valuable to other moms!

Default Re: I want to thank everyone for all the help these past 2 y

What a terrific memory to keep with you from the late stages of your nursing relationship! It sounds like your daughter is very happy with how things have gone, and I'll keep your family--especially your newest little one-- in my thoughts and prayers! Will be excited to see you back on the forum come July, sugarfoot.