Hi everyone. My daughter is 14 months old and is an avid nurser. She barely eats any solids, and I'm fine with that. I want to do child-led weaning. Here's the issue: I have a small lump in my breast. I've had two surgeries in the past to remove fibroids, so I'm assuming it's another one. To be safe, though, I went to see a breast doctor. Immediately I could tell she was not pro extended breastfeeding, for she scoffed at the fact that I was still nursing. She checked my breast and said that it was more than likely a fibroid, but we needed to get an ultrasound. In a really dispassionate way, she asked, "Can you wean?" I said, "Well, yeah. If I have to." She then went on to say that ultrasounds don't work very well on lactating breasts because they're full of milk and can mess up the image. She also said that if we had to do surgery, milk could leak out of the incision, and two weeks is enough time for weanig. I left the clinic determined to do it, but the more I thought about her callous bedside manner, the more I began questioning this route. At this pouint, I'm just trying to figure out what I should do. Should I wean my child now, despite her not being ready for it? Should I wait until she self weans before I deal with my breast issue? Should I just nurse her on one side and let the affected side dry up? Is what the doctor said true or should I get a second opinion? By the way, the lump has been there for a year already and hasn't increased in size and isn't painful. I already know I should have gotten it checked out sooner. What are your thoughts?