Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 week old nurses until I have nothing left, help!

Default Re: 2 week old nurses until I have nothing left, help!

Thanks for the clarification. If this behavior
    After a minute at the breast she realizes there is nothing there... she gets red, sucks very hard, gets very frustrated, starts flapping with her arms and scratches me... I confirm there is nothing coming out. This is when I dont know what to do other than giving her the bottle
    . Is the entire problem, then I would suggest, stop nursing at that point and comfort baby another way. If baby is getting enough milk to grow normally, then supplements are not needed and, if they are given when not needed, as above poster mentions, it will probably harm milk production.

But again, while using nipple sheidls, it may be needed to pump anyway to bring in/maintain normal milk production. This is sometimes needed and sometimes not, and it would pretty much be impossible to tell this early on.

Hopefully over time, baby will become able to latch without the shield, or your production will obviously be fine, and you would be able to ease off pumping. Again I would suggest discussing this with one of the LC's you saw.

these have fussy baby ideas : http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...ybabyideas.pdf

http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...t_partners.pdf
    Last edited by @llli*lllmeg; November 25th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Default Re: 2 week old nurses until I have nothing left, help!

Just wanted to say 2 minutes with the medela manual was not enough to trigger a let down for me and I had an oversupply. So definitely try for at least 5-10 minutes. The stimulation well help even if nothing comes out.