Thank you Mommal and Amysmom for your helpful posts. I don't know exactly why, but DH has backed off the weaning/cutting back thing for now. He seems to be back to feeling that it's cute when DS nurses. I don't know what made him change his mind but I'm not going to mess with it. I think having more special Daddy/son time has helped. I've asked DH to take over some of the night wakings because DS has been waking A LOT recently, and DH actually seems to be enjoying that "special time" with DS during the night (!). Maybe that made a difference. I think sometimes, he feels pushed out by nursing, and that can't feel good. I'm going to try to be more conscious of it.

Thank you also for the support re: my extended family. I guess they really are being pushy. I don't want to be rude, but I think I'm just going to tell them that this is working fine for us, and it's our decision (me/DS/DH to a degree) not theirs, so I appreciate them respecting my choices. I'm sure I will still get occasional comments, but whatever. I think I might also start trying to disguise when we are going off to nurse by saying we're going to go read a book, or something. It's not that I think I'm doing anything wrong but it gets old feeling judged every time we leave to nurse. Might just be easier to make another excuse, as long as DS will go along with the subterfuge. At 2, he doesn't understand why he can't nurse whenever, wherever, in front of everybody, so he might not 'keep the secret'. I certainly don't want him to feel that it's secret and shameful (can a 2 year old even feel those things?), but I also don't want him exposed to negativity from the family about nursing so it might be easier to keep it to ourselves somewhat.