Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: If you have high lipase, do you still have your gallbladder?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • My milk is fine and my gallbladder is fine.

0 0%
  • I have high lipase but no problems with my gallbladder.

0 0%
  • My gallbladder is gone but my milk is still fine.

0 0%
  • Yes, my gallbladder was removed and now my milk has high lipase!

1 100.00%

Thread: High Lipase and Gallbladder issues?

Question High Lipase and Gallbladder issues?

I didn't have any issues with milk pumped for Amee. And I pumped a little for Vyse when I knew I'd have to have surgery, and that milk was fine also. But now, I've had my gallbladder out and suddenly my pumped milk gets a "soapy" smell to it, and curdles/sours really quickly. So I'm guessing that I have Lipase issues now that my gallbladder is gone. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Proud mama to:
    Amethyst, born Dec 15, 2010. 4lbs 15oz at birth, with Esophageal Atresia/Tracheoesophageal Fistula. One major surgery, 14 minor surgeries so far.
    Vyse, born April 17, 2013. 7lbs 3oz at birth, and absolutely perfect.
    Spending alot of time and .

Default Re: High Lipase and Gallbladder issues?

I am about to have my gallbladder removed.. I'll come back to this if I notice anything funny!
    My son was born 3/15/2013. He is my little wiggle worm

-ICP (intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy) mom, would love to talk if you are going or went through the same experience.
    Also: &

-most of the time busy chasing my little man as he rolls his way through the house

Default Re: High Lipase and Gallbladder issues?

Hello,
    I am now two weeks gallbladder free (and pain free yay!). I pumped to store twice since the operation and I haven't noticed anything different. Sorry that I can't be much of help. :/
    My son was born 3/15/2013. He is my little wiggle worm

-ICP (intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy) mom, would love to talk if you are going or went through the same experience.
    Also: &

-most of the time busy chasing my little man as he rolls his way through the house