Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nursing strike

Default Re: nursing strike

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hranee View Post
    Oh and on a postive note a couple days ago he tolerated being around the breast more with his face pressed up against the breast. Also, i put on a fun necklace to distract him and he allowed part of the nipple to brush against his lips so can i count that as improvement?
    Yes, definitely!

Also, I want to second the suggestion from a previous poster to consider taking a bath together. There's something about both being naked and in water that seems to encourage nursing.

Ok I do have another question.......do you think that its possible I am offering too often? I basically walk around the house topless it seems...I wonder if he is persisting because I am being to "pushy"? Also, do you think he has forgotten how to latch or doesn't remember what to do with it? Most of the time he just pinches the nipple even when he sees milk come out. I think this is more difficult because he (10 months) has somewhat lost his "need" or desire to suck right?

How many naps a day does your hild take? and how much solid food is he eating?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    How many naps a day does your hild take? and how much solid food is he eating?
    He takes 2 naps a day and has 3 small meals(exp. breakfast: cut up banana and cherrios lunch: sweet potatoes and quinoa dinner: veggie and chicken pouch) very few snacks if any. He will eat appox. one 4oz baby food pouch at a time. Milk is always first. When is was nursing I would nurse him and then he would eat solids.

I just answered in your other thread.

Way too lazy for formula